Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney
When you have more debt than money in Alabama, filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is often the route to go.
Under Chapter 7, your unsecured debts are eliminated. This usually includes debt from credit cards and medical expenses. However, there are some unsecured debts that cannot be eliminated. They include: alimony, child support and unpaid taxes.
Although bankruptcy law is a federal law, each state has different rules of how much and what you can exempt from the bankruptcy. The only way to be sure you are following all the rules is to consult with Huntsville Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyer Sara Doty.
LAWYER EXPERIENCED IN CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY
Founder of Sara Doty Attorney at Law, LLC, Mrs. Doty and her legal team are experienced in serving clients filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
When it comes to caring for her clients, Mrs. Doty and her team are compassionate, walking with them each step of the way. And when it comes to protecting her clients' legal rights under Chapter 7, Mrs. Doty and her team are passionate.
Here are the five main steps in filing for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Take credit counseling: from a bankruptcy-approved source within 60 days before you file.
- File: as soon as you file with the bankruptcy court, you are granted an automatic stay. This immediately stops wage garnishment, creditor harassment and foreclosure proceedings, for example.
- Appear: sometime after filing, you will be granted a date to appear before a trustee of the bankruptcy court.
- Take debtor education: from a bankruptcy-approved source so that your bankruptcy can be discharged.
- Get free: sometime within the next 60 days after you appear before the trustee, your court will discharge your bankruptcy, eliminating unsecured debts.
THINKING YOU SHOULD FILE CHAPTER 7? CONTACT US.
If you are considering filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, contact the lawyers at Sara Doty Attorney at Law, LLC, for your initial consultation. Contact us either online or by calling locally at 256-519-9970.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.